COVID19 Policy and Protocols
We are happy to share our COVIDSafe Plan, to request a copy click here.
4KitsonCo is committed to ensuring the health and safety of its members and external visitors in the rented and public spaces.
All members are required to sign the COVIDSafe policy and commit to ensuring all staff and visitors that enter the premises are also compliant.
This document sets out steps that we have taken to prevent an outbreak of COVID-19 (coronavirus), alongside expectations that are placed upon you.
For the safety of yourself, your staff and others in the building, this policy must always be followed. This policy refers to you, your staff, interns and other persons your company is responsible for, and whom have been granted exemption from Lockdown Stage 4 / Level 3 restrictions.
Non-compliance with these measures may result in management denying access to the building of a member, or member Organisation, or a cancellation of membership.
The term Government in this document refers to regulations of the Australian Government (Aust Gov), Victorian Government (Vic Gov) and relevant
Local Government Areas (LGAs) otherwise will specify as required.
This document assumes that 4KitsonCo has Government approval to operate as provider of services to companies exempt from Stage 4 Lockdown restrictions.
This document operates as temporary policy and guide until restrictions are lifted and works alongside existing company policies and procedures where practical.
You have self-assessed that your company is exempt from Government restrictions related to COVID19 and allowed at your place of work.
Please provide your COVIDSafe Plan to Management including names of the personnel permitted onsite at 4KitsonCo as your place of work.
You assume responsibility for all government mandates and rules related to your onsite attendance, including the issue and holding of permitted workers permits.
Attendance is self-assessed and 4KitsonCo and its staff are not liable or responsible for the decisions related to attendance or infringements incurred.
During lockdown Stage 4 / Level 3 when onsite at 4KitsonCo, you commit to follow the following rules, protocols and processes:
- Only authorised personnel as detailed by you are to be onsite.
- Inside meetings must adhere to government guidelines regarding group gathering sizes.
- You may meet outdoors, following government guidelines.
- All personnel (including visitors) are to be logged with you for start/finish times for the purposes of contact tracing if required.
- No other persons aside from your staff listed are to be admitted into the building.
- You will minimise the use of the shared kitchen equipment whilst onsite, please bring your own utensils from home.
- Masks (per current government guidelines) are to be worn at all times when onsite. This includes inside closed offices.
- You will always maintain Government-advised distance from every other person in the building (including your own team / personnel). If you are unsure how many people may be in a space, please ask us.
- Please disinfect public facilities and touchpoints after you use them using the disinfectant spray provided. Our staff will regularly disinfect touchpoints throughout the premises when we are onsite.
- You will follow other Government-advised guidelines for hygiene as signed around the building and previously advised.
- You or your team will not attend 4KitsonCo if you feel unwell or display any symptoms of Covid-19 until you have been tested and a negative result is provided. You must quarantine according to Government advice / regulations.
- You will advise 4KitsonCo if a positive COVID result by you, one of your team or a close contact is returned as soon as possible.
- You are responsible for ensuring all of your staff and visitors at 4KitsonCo are aware of the protocols and follow them.
The below policy (issued Oct 2020) is in place until all COVID restrictions and mandates are lifted.
COVID-19 Infection Control Measures
- Cleaning and disinfection in accordance with guidance from Safe Work Australia and public health authority.
- Posters on hand washing are displayed in key areas and hand washing facilities are available in the bathrooms.
- Signage promoting safe social distancing is displayed throughout the Building.
- Hand sanitiser is provided at all entry points and in the kitchen. If you observe anything that does not meet this standard, please advise management immediately or as soon as possible.
World Health Organisation (WHO) recommendations
We strongly encourage you to follow the guidelines of the WHO on infection control, both whilst at work and in your daily life. These include:
- Cleaning your hands frequently for 20 seconds by using alcohol-based hand sanitiser or soap and water.
- When coughing and sneezing, covering your mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue, throwing this tissue away immediately and washing your hands, and
- Avoiding close contact with anyone who has a fever and cough.
- Government guidelines state that distancing must be observed to one person for every four (4) square metres.
- People must aim to keep at least 1.5m apart from each other. Physical distancing signs are placed around advising of these rules.
- It is your responsibility to maintain this distance at all times.If you have contracted the Coronavirus
If you begin to display symptoms, you must follow Government guidance to find out what to do next. You must seek medical attention (be tested) and notify management at the earliest opportunity.
- In order to protect your fellow co-workers, you are required to remain completely absent. You are required to get a COVID-19 medical clearance prior to returning.
If you have had contact with a confirmed case of the Coronavirus within the past 14 days
- If you have been in contact with someone who has a confirmed case of the coronavirus, you are required to notify management immediately.
- In order to protect your fellow coworking colleagues, we ask you to seek medical attention (get tested) and remain absent. You are required to get a medical clearance from your doctor prior to returning to 4KitsonCo.
If you have contact with a suspected case of the coronavirus
- If you have been in contact with someone who has a suspected case of the coronavirus, you are required to notify management immediately.
- Even if you are not displaying any symptoms, we may require you to stay away as a safety precaution.
- You must not attend during any self-isolation period that the government requires you to undertake.
It is important for any client considering international travel to keep up to date on the advice of the Australian Government Department of Health in relation to this.
If you have planned international travel
We accept that you may have plans to travel in the near future, including pre-booked and paid for holidays. Certain countries have been identified as having been severely affected by the coronavirus and we would therefore ask that you consider, for your own health, whether travelling to these areas is the best thing to do.
We also expect that you keep yourself up to date with Government guidance on self-isolation upon return from international travel, and bear in mind that this guidance can change on a daily basis. You should also familiarise yourself with the health and safety recommendations for the country which you are visiting. This could include staying away from farms, touching animals, etc.
Note that if you are planning, or have already planned, international travel, you should factor any known self-isolation period into your plans.
If you undertake international travel, you are required to advise us if you travel to, or transit through, any country other than Australia.
- Upon returning from such travel, you are required to follow any Government advice to self-isolate and remain absent from 4KitsonCo. Prior to returning, you are required to provide evidence that you have served any self-isolation period required by the Government. Evidence should be in the form of a copy of your flight itinerary for your flight into Australia, that is dated at least 15 days prior to your first day back at the office.
If you come into contact with someone who has travelled internationally
- If you come into close contact with someone who has travelled internationally, you may choose to continue to attend unless Government guidance dictates otherwise.
- We strongly recommend that all persons attending have downloaded and are actively using the COVIDsafe App as recommended by the government.
Temporary business closure
- As time progresses, it may become necessary for the business to temporarily reduce or cease operations (temporary lockout), for example if someone in the workplace is diagnosed with Coronavirus. We will do everything possible to continue operating in these circumstances, however, ultimately will take the necessary action to comply with Government advice and ensure safety within the workplace.
- In the unlikely scenario of a shutdown, we may have no choice but to deny entry for a period of time we have sanitised. This operation is usually completed within 24 hours.
- For clarity, this will only occur under specific circumstances in line with government recommendations, and all alternatives will be considered prior to taking this step.
- Please ensure that the items you require in the event of a temporary lockout are accessible elsewhere.
- We will take all available steps to maintain normal business operations.
- To maintain safe business operations, it may be necessary for our staff to work from an alternative work location if, for example, instructions from a third party mean that entry into our current workplace is not permitted. Your flexibility in this regard is appreciated.